1.In our letter of May 10, we make ______ clear that shipment be effected in June.（ ）
A. you B. them
C. us D. it
2.As said in the email today, we are forwarding you under separate cover the samples, ______you will find them satisfactory.（ ）
A. hope B. to hope
C. hoping D. hopefully
3.Letters of complaint should be written with care and tact ______to harm future business relationships.（ ）
A. in order B. in not order
C. in order not D. not in order
4.Our products are of better quality than ______ from other sources.（ ）
A. that B. this
C. them D. those
5.We are unable to offer firm, as the goods are of ______supply.（ ）
A. short B. low
C. small D. fresh
6.______accepting the draft, the bank will require you to present documents such as B/L, Packing List, etc.（ ）
A. After B. Before
C. Behind D. On
7.As the shipment was delayed, the buyer ______ the seller for an explanation .（ ）
A. forced B. pressed
C. hastened D. expedited
8.It is important that your client ______ the relevant L/C not later than April 10.（ ）
A. must open B. opens
C. open D. has to open
9. I wonder if you could advance the shipment by one month ______we need it urgently.
A. as B. provided
C. or D. because of
10. The relative L/C should be issued through a third bank in Austria ______ the sellers.
A. available by B. available to
C. acceptable by D. acceptable to
11.Please make serious efforts to get the goods ______ promptly.（ ）
A. dispatch B. dispatched
C. dispatching D. to dispatch
12.______your inquiry for a supply of TV sets, we are glad to offer as follows.（ ）
A. Relying on B. Relied on
C. Replying to D. Replied to
13.For all the remaining items the stated dates of delivery are approximate, but______ would these dates be exceeded by more than 10 days.（ ）
A. in no case B. in any case
C. under any circumstances D. by all means
14. ______our S/C 1805 dated March 15, we are able to make the goods shipped by the end of next month. （ ）
A. Refer to B. Referring
C. With reference to D. With refer to
15.We shall ______you as soon as the supply position improves.（ ）
A. communicate B. notify
C. advise to D. make known
16.The design of the garment is very nice but its color does not______ to me.（ ）
A .attract B. suit
C. appeal D. fit
17.Damage ______the goods was caused by heavy rain during transit.（ ）
A. of B. for
C. on D. to
18.After unpacking the case we found the goods did not ______ with the original sample.
A. agree B. match
C. compare D. measure
19.Because of their superior quality, our silk coats always ______in Europe.（ ）
A. are sold fast B. sell fast
C. have been sold fast D. be sold fast
20.Your firm has been referred to us by the ABC Co., ______ we have done business for many years.（ ）
A. which B. with that
C. whom D. with whom
21.If you find the above agreeable, please cable us your acceptance ______our confirmation.
22. If you send us an immediate reply, you may avail yourselves ______ the advantage ______ this strengthening market.
23. We trust that you will send us your reply ______ fax.
24. We are ______ receipt ______your letter of May 5, contents ______ which have been duly noted.
25. Our clients approach us ______an order of 5000 digital cameras .
26. We shall be glad to send you the necessary information ______our machine tools ______ request.
27. Generally we cover insurance WPA & War Risk ______ the absence of definite instructions from our clients.
28. We are working ______your enquiry and expect to make you an offer ______ a few days.
29. As the goods ______ Contract No. 123 are now ready for shipment, please rush your L/C ______ the least possible delay.
30. We shall be able to ship the goods ______a direct steamer ______ London within 30 days.
31. We shall file a claim ______the cargo ex S/S “Peace”______short delivery.
32. We shall do our best to develop trade ______our two corporations in the future.
33. At your request we send you a quotation sheet showing our lowest price for canned fruit ______ USD 1100 per metric ton ______ CIF Paris basis.
34. Please rest assured that we shall take your commission ______account.
35. Much ______ our regret, we cannot at present entertain any fresh orders ______ Men’s shirts, owing to heavy commitments.
36.It will be highly appreciated if you will reply to our Enquiry Note No. 12345 regarding Walnut meat immediately.
37.We very much regret to state that we find your price too high and out of line with the prevailing market level.
38.We return herewith a copy of Sales Contract duly countersigned by us.
39.Your letter of the 11th April addressed to our sister corporation in Hangzhou has been passed on to us for attention.
40.We shall be glad if you will see to it that the L/C is amended without delay.
41.Please do your utmost to expedite the shipment.
42.We trust you will extend the validity of your L/C to May 30.
43.Answering your letter of June 25 in regard to insurance, we would like to inform you of the following.
44.We are sorry, but we cannot accept this claim as you have not covered the risk of breakage.
45．We feel rather disappointed at this unfortunate incident.